Throughout his entire childhood, Igor dedicated himself to dance. It was one of the most important and dearest parts of him. Traveling throughout Europe to Germany, Austria, Poland, Bulgaria, Romania and the Czech Republic, Igor represented Ukraine in the international dancing arena. His commitment to the sport led him to become a multiple-time champion of Open DanceSport Championships and Festivals held throughout Ukraine. He also became a multiple-time finalist in various WDSF competitions throughout Europe.
After finishing high school at the age of seventeen, Igor's father passed away. This stage in Igor's life was not easy for the young, talented athlete. Without doubt, his father was sure in the talent of his one and only son. With time, Igor understood that dance was the outlet that helped him fill the emptiness that consumed him after this tragedy.
Aside from training and competing for his own athletic career, Igor began getting involved with the careers of the younger generations. He began instructing Juvenile, Junior, and Youth dancers at Andrey Piskarev's Karnaval Dance Studio in his hometown where he led group classes of technique, musicality, and performance skills to prepare students better for competition. The dancers he instructed went on to win and place in the finals of some of the top Championships in Ukraine.
While training, competing, and instructing, Igor also attended the Chernivtsi National University where he obtained his Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education.
- WikiDanceSport.com: Co-Founder, Lead Editor
- DanceSport Studio (DSS): Director of the “Art of DanceSport Training System” in the Latin Division
At the age of twenty-one, Igor received an O1 visa (visa for extraordinary talent) and traveled to the United States to further excel in his career as an athlete as well as an instructor. While training in a studio, Igor met Michelle-Angela Blank, with whom he would continue his competitive career representing the USA.
As soon as Igor and Michelle started working together, they immediately bonded as not only a dancing couple, but also as partners who were alike in their views and goals regarding their future careers. Together, they soon realized the need of a community data center to provide all dance enthusiasts with a one-stop information hub. The idea was to create an encyclopedia that would become an information center for all things DanceSport. Together, they founded WikiDanceSport.com, a free-access, free-content Internet encyclopedia of Ballroom Dancing.
Igor and Michelle also started working on a new venture known as DanceSport Studio (DSS). DSS is a cross-federation collaborative training platform, pertaining to the Freedom to Dance and Equality & Fairness decree, that is on the path to establishing one uniform Art of DanceSport Training System for competitive and social dancers in all aspects of fitness, health, and wellbeing (physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual). DSS encompasses organizations as well as individuals of multiple federations that work together as one unit in order to accomplish the highest standards of DanceSport training and education.
The couple is also developing DanceSport Rankings (DSR). This idea was driven by the necessity to uniform and synchronize DanceSport industry related activities. The platform will offer a way to rank and rate the individuals, organizations, and events of the industry based on various criteria, historical data, performances, and popularity and will allow athletes to participate in the opinion sharing and evaluation of said models.
Igor is certified as a Professional Instructor under the North American Dance Teachers Association (NADTA) in the International Style Latin division. He instructs all levels and age groups of competitive dancers from juveniles to seniors at locations including Spotlight Dance Center and Medford Fitness.Alexey Silde, Zoran Plohl, Aigars Stolcers, Bryan Watson, Vladimir Karpov, Allan Tornsberg, Vibeke Toft, Hans Galke, Carmen Vincelj, Colin James, Rufus Dustin, Markus Homm, Maria Manusova, Eugene Katsevman, Andrei Gavriline, Elena Kryuchkova, Slavik Kryklyvyy, Ruslan and Katusha Wilder, Melanie LaPatin, Michael Wentink, Andrej Skufca, Melinda Torokgyorgy, and Rickey Geiger.
HALL OF FAME
Vladimir Karpov, Maria Manusova, Eugene Katsevman, Allan Tornsberg, Vibeke Toft, Andrei Gavriline, and Elena Kryuchkova with whom he continues expanding his competitive career.
- Vladimir Karpov (New York, USA)
- Maria Manusova, Brooklyn DanceSport Club (New York, USA)
- Eugene Katsevman, Brooklyn DanceSport Club (New York, USA)
- Allan Tornsberg, Stepping Out Studios (New York, USA)
- Vibeke Toft, Stepping Out Studios (New York, USA)
- Andrei Gavriline, Paragon Ballroom (New Jersey, USA)
- Elena Kryuchkova, Paragon Ballroom (New Jersey, USA)
- Michelle-Angela Blank (2015 - current)
The couple has achieved numerous victories in the competitive arena since beginning their partnership. Not only have they become the 2016 Virginia Open Amateur Latin Champions as well as the Liberty Ball Amateur Latin Champions, but they have also placed in the semi-final of the 2017 USA Dance National DanceSport Championships. In May of 2017, the Igor and Michelle became the New England DanceSport Amateur Latin Champions. Soon afterwards, October brought them to the second year of the American DanceSport Festival where they won the Bronze Medals at the WDSF Amateur Rising Star Championship.
In December, Igor and Michelle traveled to Riga, Latvia to compete internationally for the first time at the Baltic Grand Prix in the WDSF Amateur Rising Star and International Open Championships. The days prior to the competition, they participated in the Baltic Grand Prix Workshops where they met and trained with Alexey Silde and Zoran Plohl.Islanders DanceSport Challenge in the Amateur Latin division.
- Finalist at the Manhattan Amateur Classic Championship (MAC) Amateur Latin (2018) - 4th Place
- Islanders DanceSport Challenge Amateur Latin Championship (2018) - Winner
- WDSF Rising Star Open Latin: American DanceSport Festival (2017) - 3rd Place
- New England DanceSport Championships (2017), USA Dance National Qualifying Event for 2018 - Winner
- American Star Ball Amateur Latin Championships (2017) - 3rd Place
- USA Dance National DanceSport Championships (2017) - Semi-Finalist
- Amateur Latin Mid-Atlantic Championships (2017) - Finalist
- Virginia Open Amateur Latin Championships (2016) - Winner
- Liberty Ball Amateur Latin Championships (2016) - Winner
- Certified Instructor with the North American Dance Teachers Association (NADTA)
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education (Chernivtsi National University)