See also: Categories: Instructors, Adjudicators, Dancers, Lecturers, Standard, WDSF
Hometown: Bremen, Germany
Current location: Bremen, Germany
- WDSF Licensed Adjudicator
- Deutscher Tanzsportverband e.V. German National Adjudicator
- Grün-Gold-Club Bremen Formation Team Head Coach
- Dance Studio Co-Owner
- Dancing SuperStars Festival, Competition & Training Camp Organizer
- 1. Overview
- 2. Amateur Career
- 3. Professional Division
- 4. Renowned Formation Team Trainer & Choreographer
- 5. German DanceSport Coach
- 6. Dance Studio Co-Owner
- 7. TV Shows
- 8. DanceSport Adjudicator
- 9. Accomplishments
- 10. Dance Partners
- 11. Entrepreneurship
- 12. Photo Gallery
- 13. Video Gallery
- 14. References
OverviewRoberto Albanese, born May 25th, 1973 in Bremen, Germany, is a German DanceSport Coach and Choreographer in the field of International Style Latin Formation Dance. In 1991, he attended his first DanceSport school. Within a short period of time, he entered into the competitive tournament classes of his studio, and rose through the various levels of class divisions. In just two years, he prevailed into the S-Class division, the highest division of dancing in a competitive school, and started dancing with his partner and future wife, Uta Deharde (Uta Albanese) for the TSG Bremerhaven (Bremerhaven DanceSport Club). The couple got married in April of 2007, and now have a daughter. They own a dance school in Bremen located in the center city of Hastedt.
Amateur CareerFor their long partnership together, Roberto and Uta have achieved many accomplishments, including various national and international titles in the Latin American division. A part of the German National Team, they made many IDSF Open and International Open Latin Finals and have represented Germany at many international events throughout the Netherlands, England, Italy, the USA, Denmark, Belgium, Slovakia, Austria and Hungry. They also represented their home country at the Blackpool Dance Festival. Some of their results include placing second at the 1999 DTV Ranking Tournament in the S-Class Latin division in Frankfurt Germany, and concluding that same event the next year in 2000 as the first place ranking couple. Roberto and Uta were also Freestyle Latin Vice-Champions in 2002 and won the North German Championship several times.
Professional DivisionIn the fall of 2000, Roberto and Uta announced that they wanted to end their career together. However, the following year in 2001, they decided to turn Professional instead and danced competitively until 2003.
In 2001, at their very first competition together as a Professional couple, Roberto and Uta made the Final of the German Open Championships (GOC) in the Professional Rising Star Latin Championship. In 2003, they became WDDSC World Professional South American Showdance semi-finalists and German National Professional Latin Finalists, taking 5th place.
Renowned Formation Team Trainer & ChoreographerSince 1994, Roberto Albanese has been training the Latin "A" Formation Team of the TSC Schwarz-Silber Bremen Dance Club (the Black and Silver DanceSport Club), which now goes by the name of Grün-Gold-Club Bremen (GGC) (Green Gold Club Bremen). In early 2002, the TSC Schwarz-Silber Bremen joined together with the Grün-Gold-Club Bremen under one entity.
In the first year, Roberto was able to promote the "A" Team to the regional league, and three years later, his team rose to the next highest league. In 2002, the team made its promotion into the highest league possible, where the Formation Team immediately took fourth place in final ranking. Now, to this day, Roberto won with his Latin "A" Formation Team several German Championship titles as well as European and World Championship titles.
Following his favorite motto "A winner always has a plan - a loser always an excuse!" Roberto designs and structures his training sessions in both formation and individual areas. From the beginning of his career, Roberto created all his music and choreographies as a trainer himself. The ambition never to copy brought him not only respect, but also great success. Meanwhile, his work as a coach no longer includes only the "A" and "B" team of the Green Gold Club. He now trains several teams at home and abroad as well as numerous single pairs. Due to his intensive, long-term training with some of the best coaches in the world, together with his partner and wife Uta Deharde, he has extensive knowledge, which helps the couples in the Green Gold Club to success.
Meanwhile, his work as a coach extends far beyond the Bremen formation area. Inquiries and job offers from Europe and the world reach the world champion trainer regularly.
German DanceSport CoachRoberto is a team trainer of the Landestanzsportverband in Bremen and Lower Saxony. At the end of July 2013, he was appointed the head coach of the Deutscher Tanzsportverband e.V. (DTV), the German National Member Body of the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF). In February of 2017, he was also appointed the head coach of the Youth Latin League, but in May of 2018, announced his resignation from both offices, as head coach of the DTV as well as of the Youth Latin League.
Roberto was named the "2017 Bremen Coach of the Year" in March of 2018. In addition, he was named an honorary member of the National DanceSport Association Bremen in March of 2014 (the Landestanzsportverbandes Bremen - LTV). Only three people in the past 50 years were appointed honorary members of the Landestanzsportverbandes Bremen (LTV): Detlef Hegemann as well as Andrea Beer and Horst Beer, a couple who can look back at a successful DanceSport career as a pair with many German, European and World Championship titles. Roberto Albanese became the 4th honorary member. Unanimously, he was elected at the LTV General Assembly.
His successes as a coach are spectacular! He coached the "A" Latin Formation Team of the Grün-Gold-Club Bremen (GGC) (Green Gold Club Bremen) to becoming 4-time World Champions, 3-time European Champions, and 10-time German Champions. He is also the coach of various successful Youth and Adult couples.
Dance Studio Co-OwnerWhen Roberto Albanese and Uta Albanese ended their joint dance career together as active Professional dancers, the two wanted to realize their greatest desires and create a training center and dance school for dancers in Bremen.
Together with the Green Gold Club Bremen, the idea of a talent school in the youth field was combined with a dance school for "everyone", from children to adults. In April of 2003, the dance school "Tanzarena" opened its doors to all dance lovers. Today, "Tanzarena" offers a home to dance students aged 3 months to 93 years and meets all the requirements that are placed on a modern dance school.
TV ShowsIn 2006, Roberto Albanese was a participant in the RTL Dance Show Let's Dance, in which he danced with singer Sandy Mölling. The dance couple concluded their participation in this event by reaching third place. Albanese achieved the same result with actress Nina Bott in 2010.
- Season 1 (2006): Sandy Mölling (3rd Place)
- Season 3 (2010): Nina Bott (3rd Place)
DanceSport AdjudicatorAside from being a National Adjudicator for the Deutscher Tanzsportverband e.V., Roberto Albanese has also been an adjudicator for the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF) since 2015. Currently, he holds an "A" License as well as a "PD" License.
Roberto has judged many WDSF events including but not limited to:
- WDSF World Senior I Ten Dance Championship (Sibiu, Romania)
- WDSF World Standard and Latin Showdance Championships (Bratislava, Slovakia)
- WDSF World Under 21 Latin Championship (Tbilisi, Georgia)
- WDSF PD Word Latin Championship (Shijiazhuang City, People's Republic of China)
- WDSF Latin World Open (Shijiazhuang City, People's Republic of China; Tbilisi, Georgia; Almere, Netherlands; Sibiu, Romania; Vienna, Austria)
- WDSF PD Latin Super Grand Prix (Stuttgart, Germany)
- WDSF Standard and Latin GrandSlams (Hong Kong)
- WDSF PD World ShowDance Standard Championship (Kaunas, Lithuania)
- WDSF Latin World Open (Megeve, France; Sibiu, Romania; Boston, United States; Vienna, Austria)
- WDSF Standard World Open (Boston, United States)
- Was a member of the German National Team
- Multi-time IDSF Open and International Open Latin Finalist
- Represented Germany at many International events throughout the Netherlands, England, Italy, the USA, Denmark, Belgium, Slovakia, Austria and Hungry
- Represented Germany at the Blackpool Dance Festival
- Vice Champion of the DTV Ranking S-Class Tournament (1999)
- Champion of the DTV Ranking S-Class Tournament (2000)
- Freestyle Latin Vice-Champion (2002)
- Multi-time North German Champion
- German Open Championships (GOC) Professional Rising Star Latin Finalist (2001)
- WDDSC World Professional South American Showdance Semi-Finalist (2003)
- German National Professional Latin Finalist - 5th Place (2003)
- Coaching the Grün-Gold-Club Bremen (GGC) (Green Gold Club Bremen) (previously the TSC Schwarz-Silber Bremen Dance Club (the Black and Silver DanceSport Club) Latin "A" Formation Team since 1994
- Coached his team to becoming 4-time World Champions, 3-time European Champions, and 10-time German Champions
- Team trainer of the Landestanzsportverband in Bremen and Lower Saxony
- Former head coach of the Deutscher Tanzsportverband e.V. (DTV), the German National Member Body of the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF) (2013 - 2018)
- Former head coach of the Youth Latin League (2017 - 2018)
- Named the "2017 Bremen Coach of the Year" in March of 2018
- Named an honorary member of the National DanceSport Association Bremen in March of 2014
- Coach of various successful Youth and Adult couples
- Holds the highest DanceSport Trainer's License (A)
- Was a participant in the RTL Dance Show Let's Dance
- Season 1 (2006): Sandy Mölling (3rd Place)
- Season 3 (2010): Nina Bott (3rd Place)
- Uta Albanese (Uta Deharde) (1996 - 2003)
- Ksenia Yuzhakova
- Marianne Knötzel
- Grün-Gold-Club Bremen e.V., Dance Studio Instructor - Formation & Latin Trainer
- Tanzschule Tanzarena Bremen, Dance Studio Co-Owner, Instructor
- Dancing Superstars Festival, Training Camp Organizer, Competition Organizer
- Deutscher Tanzsportverband e.V. (DTV) German National Adjudicator
- WDSF "A" Licensed Adjudicator
- WDSF Professional (PD) Licensed Adjudicator
- Roberto Albanese - Dancing Superstars Festival
- Roberto Albanese - WDSF Official
- Roberto Albanese - WDSF Athlete
- Roberto Albanese
- Roberto Albanese - Grün-Gold-Club Bremen e.V.
- Roberto Albanese - Tanzschule Tanzarena Bremen
- History - Tanzschule Tanzarena Bremen
- DTV - New Association Coaches Appointed
- Roberto Albanese - DTV: New Youth Association Latin Coach
- DTV: Roberto Albanese Resigns From the Federal Commission
- Great Honor for Roberto Albanese
- Roberto Albanese - LTV Honorary Member
- Roberto Albanese