After falling in love with this new specialty, Michelle began training in the International Latin division and soon afterwards began her competitive path as a Youth athlete.
Michelle began progressing very quickly. In 2013, she became the Champion of the Youth Latin Pre-Championship at the City DanceSport Challenge. It was her first competition with a partner and deemed itself a rewarding experience.
After only a couple of years, Michelle had come from the very basics of syllabus dancing to competing in Amateur Championships. In 2015, she met Igor Golovach, a young dancer who had just arrived from Ukraine to dance in the USA. Together, they would continue their competitive paths.
After just one year together, they became the 2016 Virginia State International Latin Champions as well as the Liberty Ball Amateur International Latin Champions. They have also placed in the semi-final of the 2017 USA Dance National DanceSport Championships.
- WikiDanceSport.com: Founder, Lead Editor
- DanceSport Studio (DSS): Founder, Owner
- Michellino, Founder, Owner
At a very early age, Michelle was actively involved with her father’s work, learning hands on how to build and run a business. Her early business training led her to become a determined entrepreneur with highly developed business acumen.
As soon as Michelle and Igor started working together, they immediately bonded as not only a dancing couple, but also as partners who were alike in their views and goals regarding their future careers. Together, they soon realized the need of a community data center to provide all dance enthusiasts with a one-stop information hub. The idea was to create an encyclopedia that would become an information center for all things DanceSport. Together, they founded WikiDanceSport.com, a free-access, free-content Internet encyclopedia of Ballroom Dancing.
Igor and Michelle also started working on a new venture known as DanceSport Studio (DSS). DSS is a cross-federation collaborative training platform, pertaining to the Freedom to Dance and Equality & Fairness decree, that is on the path to establishing one uniform Art of DanceSport Training System for competitive and social dancers in all aspects of fitness, health, and wellbeing (physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual). DSS encompasses organizations as well as individuals of multiple federations that work together as one unit in order to accomplish the highest standards of DanceSport training and education.
The couple is also developing DanceSport Rankings (DSR). This idea was driven by the necessity to uniform and synchronize DanceSport industry related activities. The platform will offer a way to rank and rate the individuals, organizations, and events of the industry based on various criteria, historical data, performances, and popularity and will allow athletes to participate in the opinion sharing and evaluation of said models.
Michelle is also working on her own fashion brand known as Michellino, which will offer a wide range of clothing, shoes, and accessories specific to the DanceSport industry's performance and training.
Michelle is certified as a Professional Instructor under the North American Dance Teachers Association (NADTA) in the International Style Latin division. She instructs all levels and age groups of competitive dancers from juveniles to seniors at locations including Spotlight Dance Center and Medford Fitness.Bryan Watson, Vladimir Karpov, Allan Tornsberg, Vibeke Toft, Hans Galke, Carmen Vincelj, Colin James, Rufus Dustin, Markus Homm, Maria Manusova, Eugene Katsevman, Andrei Gavriline, Elena Kryuchkova, Slavik Kryklyvyy, Ruslan and Katusha Wilder, Melanie LaPatin, Michael Wentink, Andrej Skufca, Melinda Torokgyorgy, and Rickey Geiger.
HALL OF FAME
Vladimir Karpov, Maria Manusova, Eugene Katsevman, Allan Tornsberg, Vibeke Toft, Andrei Gavriline, and Elena Kryuchkova with whom she continues expanding her competitive career.
- Vladimir Karpov (New York, USA)
- Maria Manusova, Brooklyn DanceSport Club (New York, USA)
- Eugene Katsevman, Brooklyn DanceSport Club (New York, USA)
- Allan Tornsberg, Stepping Out Studios (New York, USA)
- Vibeke Toft, Stepping Out Studios (New York, USA)
- Andrei Gavriline, Paragon Ballroom (New Jersey, USA)
- Elena Kryuchkova, Paragon Ballroom (New Jersey, USA)
- Igor Golovach (2015 - current)
The couple has achieved numerous victories in the competitive arena since beginning their partnership. Not only have they become the 2016 Virginia Open Amateur Latin Champions as well as the Liberty Ball Amateur Latin Champions, but they have also placed in the semi-final of the 2017 USA Dance National DanceSport Championships.
- WDSF Rising Star Open latin at the American DanceSport Festival (2017) - 3rd Place
- New England DanceSport Championships (2017), USA Dance National Qualifying Event for 2018 - Winner
- American Star Ball Amateur Latin Championships (2017) - 3rd Place
- USA Dance National DanceSport Championships (2017) - Semi-Finalist
- Amateur Latin Mid-Atlantic Championships (2017) - Finalist
- Virginia Open Amateur Latin Championships (2016) - Winner
- Liberty Ball Amateur Latin Championships (2016) - Winner
- City DanceSport Challenge Youth Latin Championships (2013) - Winner