Allan's first partner was Vibeke Toft, also born in Denmark. They were introduced through a mutual friend. Allan was looking for a dance partner and therefore offered Vibeke the beginning of a new partnership. Vibeke at that time, was one of the best dancers in Denmark, successfully dancing in a couple for nine consecutive years.
The first performance of the new couple took place in Blackpool, England at the 1987 British Open Championships where the couple represented Denmark. They won all major titles from 1991-1993 including the 1991 German Open Amateur Latin Championship, the 1991 and 1992 European Amateur Latin Championship, the 1992 World Amateur Latin Championship, the 1993 UK Open Amateur Latin Championship, the 1993 International Amateur Latin Championship, and the British Open Professional Rising Star Latin Championship.
In March of 1996, Allan began dancing with Carmen Vincelj and together as a Professional couple, they represented the country of Germany. In 1997, they won first place at the German Open Championships as well as the WDC World Professional South American Showdance Championship in Scheveningen, Netherlands. They also became finalists at the World Championship and at the British Open.
Soon, a new partnership formed between Allan and Serena Lecca, and as a Professional couple they represented the country of Italy. Together, they won second place at the 1999 World Cup in Kremlin Moscow, Russia. The following year, they became champions at the Open Professional Championship in the United States in the Latin American program and in 2001, Allan and Serena won bronze medals at the World Championship.
In 2001, Allan announced his retirement from the competitive world and decided to focus on performing show dances with Serena. However, as Serena just began receiving top placements with Allan, she wanted to continue competing and began searching for another partner. Allan was left without a partner in the middle of touring shows and Vibeke Toft turned out being the one that was able to solve this problem. However, Vibeke wanted to begin competing once more. Allan, wanting to do something really good for her, agreed. In 2002, with a final performance at the European Championship in St. Petersburg, they took fourth place.
Allan Tornsberg is known today as a very honest and fair adjudicator. He takes part in various international competitions all around the world, including the World Championship.
From 2006 to 2011, Allan was an adjudicator on the television Danish dance show "Dancing with the Stars". In addition, he also worked as a choreographer on the show from 2007 to 2009. He was also a choreographer on "So You Think You Can Dance" in Ukraine in 2010. In 2005 and 2008, Allan was nominated and won the award of "Best Teacher" in London.
Today, Allan currently trains upcoming competitive couples with Vibeke Toft in a studio in New York City. He constantly travels all over the world, hosting dance camps and training couples internationally as well. It is said that Allan’s inspiration was draw from the real world: music, partnerships, and shows. However, as a teacher, Walter Laird had the greatest impact on Allan.
Currently each year, Allan Tornsberg along with Vibeke Toft, Katharina Giannico, and Giampiero Giannico organize one of the most renown competitions held in the USA. The Empire Dance Championship held in New York City is a major event for the DanceSport industry to which competitors from all over the world have the chance to come and compete for the title of Empire Champion.
- Amateur Latin World Champion
- Amateur Latin German Open Champion
- 2-time European Amateur Latin Champion
- UK Open Amateur Latin Champion
- International Amateur Latin Champion
- British Open Professional Rising Star Latin Champion
- Professional Latin German Open Champion
- WDC World Professional South American Showdance Champion
- Silver medalist of World Cup in Kremlin Moscow
- 2-time US Open Professional Latin Champion
- Bronze medalist of the Professional Latin World Championship
- Over 35 years of dance experience, today known to be one of the best teachers and choreographers in the world
- Adjudicator on the Danish version of the television program "Dancing with the Stars" from 2006-2011
- Choreographer on the Danish version of the television program "Dancing with the Stars" from 2007-2009
- Choreographer on "So You Think You Can Dance" in Ukraine
- 2-time winner of the "Best Teacher" Award in London