Dmitry is a finalist as well as the winner of many IDSF Open Latin events that he took part in throughout Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Romania, Austria, Ireland, France, Norway, the Netherlands and Germany. Furthermore, he was a Bronze Medalist in the Amateur Latin Rising Star Championship at the 2002 UK Open, a Bronze Medalist in the Amateur Latin Championship at the 2004 Dutch Open and has placed in the top 13th at the 2004 Amateur Latin International Championships and top 14th at the 2003 Amateur Latin Blackpool Dance Festival. In 2001, Dmitry placed 10th in the IDSF World Ranking List.Professional Division of DanceSport. The couple's best results included making the final at the 2007 Russian National Professional Latin Championships and placing 7th, just one step away from the final, at the 2006 German Open Championships (GOC) in Stuttgart, Germany. They also took fifth place at the 2007 EDSF Professional Latin European Championship that took place in Odintsovo, Russia. Dancing with the Stars" and "So You think You Can Dance" to compete in a touring dance show called "Dancing Pros Live: You Pick the Winner."
The 57-city tour included up to six shows per week. It featured actor Alan Thicke of TV's "Growing Pains" as the host, and paired 10 of the world's finest professional dancers for head-to-head, toe-to-toe competition.
Demidov's dance partner was 25-year-old Ballroom dancer and Emmy Award-winning choreographer Chelsie Hightower, who was best known for being a regular dance partner, trainer and choreographer on the ABC competition show "Dancing with the Stars."
Each audience member was provided a remote device with which they could vote for their favorite dancers. The winners were presented with a trophy at the end of each show.
Demidov and Hightower won at one performance: the February 24th show in Elmira, New York. The tour began November 1st, 2014 and concluded April 19th, 2015.Professional dancer and instructor. He has traveled around the world to perform, teach and inspire. His professional resume includes many performances as both a dancer and choreographer in Russia, Spain, Thailand and in the United States. He has appeared in a number of TV spots and dance shows including choreographing for the popular TV show "Dancing with the Stars" in Russia.
Dmitry Demidov and his wife, native Pittsburgher Brittany Graham, met in 2010 while performing in a Ballroom Dancing show with the Royal Caribbean cruise lines, where he was a dancer and she was a singer. "He was quite intriguing, coming from Russia. We hit it off right away," said Graham. When their stint with the Royal Caribbean was over, they went their separate ways — he to Russia and she to Pittsburgh, but the separation did not last.
They stayed in contact and decided to meet up in New York. That was in May of 2011. Dmitry and Brittany got married three months later, in August and in April of 2015, their son was born.
Currently, Dmitry is the owner of "Demidov Dance" in the "City of Champions", Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The studio offers Ballroom and Latin dance lessons, competitive coaching in Pro/Am and Amateur/Amateur, as well as lessons in Russian Folk Dance, Adult Ballet, and Wedding Dance.
In August of 2018, Dmitry was awarded 2nd Place as "Top Teacher" at the Cincinnati Ballroom Classic. In September, he was also awarded 2nd place "Top Teacher" at the Motown Showdown DanceSport Challenge and at the Four Seasons Challenge.
- Holds a Master's Degree from the Russian State University of Physical Education, Sport, Youth and Tourism
- Attended the University of Culture and Arts in both Krasnodar and Moscow, Russia
- Graduated from the School of Dance and Comedy Musicals in Barcelona
- 3-time Russian National Amateur Latin Finalist
- 2-time Russian National Professional Latin Finalist
- IDSF Open Latin Champion
- IDSF East European 10 Dance Finalist: 4th Place
- Vice-Champion of various British Championships
- Former top 13th Professional at the Blackpool Dance Festival
- Finalist as well as the winner of many IDSF Open Latin events throughout
- the Netherlands
- UK Open Amateur Latin Rising Star Finalist: 3rd Place (2002)
- Dutch Open Amateur Latin Bronze Medalist (2004): Assen, Netherlands
- Top 13th at the International Championships in the Amateur Latin Division (2004)
- Top 14th at the Amateur Latin Blackpool Dance Festival (2003)
- Placed 10th in the IDSF World Ranking List (2001)
- Russian National Professional Latin Finalist: 5th Place (2007): Moscow, Russia
- German Open Championships (GOC) Professional Latin Semi-Finalist: 7th Place (2006)
- EDSF Professional Latin European Finalist: 5th Place (2007): Odintsovo, Russia
- Competed in a touring dance show called "Dancing Pros Live: You Pick the Winner" (2014 - 2015)
- Performed in a Ballroom Dancing show with the Royal Caribbean cruise lines (2010)
- 2nd Place "Top Teacher" at the Cincinnati Ballroom Classic (2018)
- 2nd place "Top Teacher" at the Motown Showdown DanceSport Challenge (2018)
- 2nd Place "Top Teacher" at the Four Seasons Challenge (2018)
- Choreographed in Russia, Spain, Thailand and in the United States
- Appeared in a number of TV spots and dance shows including choreographing for the popular TV show "Dancing with the Stars" in Russia
- Arina Naumova (2006 - 2007)
- Olesia Borisova (1999 - 2005)