Hometown: Moscow, Russia
Current location: Moscow, Russia
Life brought Natalia and her husband together at once, as if by chance. They met on the dance floor as rivals for the very first time at the "Baltic Cup". Stanislav then became fourth at this event while Natalia took third.
But life had made its own adjustments and put everything into place.
When Stanislav arrived to Moscow from Siberia, the couple met once again. He didn't give Natalia a choice. He just said: "We are going to dance together." She told him, "No," and he replied, "Yes." He turned out to be right.
A proposal of the hand and heart that Stanislav made to Natalia sounded something like this as narrated by Natalia:
They still remember the wedding day with a smile: "It was the first of February, it was still cold. We just returned from the UK Open Championships, and the next day we left for the Russian Championship in 10 Dance, which we won. Natalia remembered that the parents asked them to dance a Viennese waltz, and right after the dance, MC and photographers flew up to them with an offer to make money with such performances. They were going to become Natalia's and Stanislav's producers, that was very funny."
They have always been lucky for interesting people and teachers. At various times, they worked a lot with leading English, Italian and Russian teachers. And learned a lot from them. Not limited to only dancing, they somehow miraculously managed to get another serious education: Stanislav - the architect, Natalia - a lawyer.
After yet another victory together at the 2008 IPDSC World Professional Showdance Championships held in Moscow, Russia, the couple decided to retire from their competitive dancing careers, but not from dancing.
Natalia Urban currently travels around the world to lecture at various DanceSport training seminars, camps and congresses, to instruct dancers, as well as to adjudicate some of the most renowned competitions of the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF).
Natalia and Stanislav is a founders and main instructors of the "Magnolia" Dance Studio in Moscow, Russia.Adjudicator for the All Russian Federation of DanceSport and Acrobatic Rock'n'Roll (FDSARR), Natalia Urban has been an adjudicator for the World DanceSport Federation (WDSF) since 2013. She holds an "A" License as well as a "PD" License. She has judged many WDSF events including but not limited:
- 2019 WDSF International and World Opens Standard and Latin in:(Spain, Macedonia, Russia)
- 2018 WDSF International and World Opens Standard and Latin in:(Spain, Italy, Russia, Cyprus, Latvia, Slovenia, Georgia, Greece, Bulgaria, Estonia, Switzerland, Poland, Netherlands, Turkey, Lithuania, Ukraine)
- 2017 WDSF International and World Opens Standard and Latin in:(Italy, Russia, Netherlands, Latvia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates)
- WDSF PD European Cup Standard in Saint Petersburg, Russia
- WDSF International and World Opens Standard and Latin in:(Italy, Slovenia, Switzerland, Russia, Bulgaria, Slovakia)
- 2015 WDSF International and World Opens Standard and Latin in: (Romania, Italy, Switzerland)
- 2014 WDSF International and World Opens Standard in: (Slovakia, Russia)
- Multi-time Standard, European Segue, and 10 Dance Russian Vice-Champion & Champion (WDC)
- 7-time Finalist of WDC World and European Championships
- IPDSC World Professional Classic Showdance Champion: Moscow, Russia (2008)
- IPDSC Professional Standard European Cup Bronze Medalist: Moscow, Russia (2008)
- IPDSC World Professional Standard Championship Bronze Medalist: Madrid, Spain (2008)
- IPDSC World Professional 10 Dance Champion: Reghin, Romania (2007)
- IPDSC Professional Standard Champion: Moscow, Russia (2007)
- 7th Antwerp Stars Cup Professional Standard Champion: Antwerpen, Belgium (2007)
- Crown International Championship Professional Standard Champion: Melbourne, Australia (2005)
- Crown International Championship Professional Latin Champion: Melbourne, Australia (2005)
- 2-time UK Open Professional Rising Star Standard Finalist - 4th Place: Bournemouth, England (2004 - 2005)
- International Championships Professional Rising Star Standard Champion: Brentwood/London, England (2004)
- 21st Feinda Italian Open Professional Rising Star Standard Champion: Cervia, Italy (2004)
- 6th Swiss International Dance Sport Festival Professional Standard Champion: Chiasso, Switzerland (2004)
- 10th Penang International Championship Open Professional Latin Champion: Bayview Beach Resort, Malaysia (2003)
- 4th Malaysia International Championship Professional Latin Champion: Penang, Malaysia (2003)
- Holland Masters Open Professional Standard Champion: Arnhem, Netherlands (2002)
- 2-time IDSF East European Amateur 10 Dance Championship: Moscow, Russia (2000 - 2001)
- Albena Open IDSF Open Amateur Standard Champion: Albena, Bulgaria (2000)
- IDSF Open Amateur Standard Champion: Moscow, Russia (2000)
- XIII Open "Spring Rhythms - 2000" IDSF Open Amateur Standard Champion: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia (2000)
- IDSF Open Amateur Standard Champion: St. Petersburg, Russia (1999)
- IDSF Open Amateur Standard Champion: Nizhniy Novgorod, Russia (1999)
- IDSF Open Amateur Latin Champion: Kiev, Ukraine (1999)
- Stanislav Bekmametov (1998 - 2008)
- "Magnolia" Dance Studio Owner (Moscow, Russia)
- All Russian Federation of DanceSport and Acrobatic Rock'n'Roll (FDSARR) National Adjudicator
- WDSF Professional Licensed Adjudicator
- WDSF "A" Licensed Adjudicator