- 1. Overview
- 2. Notable Entrepreneur
- 3. Accomplishments
- 4. Dance Partners
- 5. Instructors
- 6. Entrepreneurship
- 7. Photo Gallery
- 8. Video Gallery
- 9. References
Wayne and Donna made a decision to retire from the competitive dancing arena to start a family. From 1983 to 1994, they also established their own independent DanceSport studio and quickly became one of the top independent studios in the nation.
In 1992, Wayne and Donna also founded Dance Vision, which has become the world leader in production and distribution of DanceSport instructional videos. Their company has produced over 500 videos, partnering with National and World Dance Champions. In 2001, the DVIDA Syllabus was created to teach professionals how to instruct students in the world of dance. More than 400 independent dance studios and teachers have used their syllabus throughout the United States. DVIDA Syllabus is recognized by the National Dance Council of America. The Canadian DanceSport Federation recently adopted the DVIDA American Style Syllabus as their official syllabus for certifying professional instructors.
In his spare time, Wayne practices yoga & meditation several times a week. He currently lives in Las Vegas with his wife, Donna, and enjoys quality time with his sons, Tyler and Jason.ProDVIDA, the Professional Dance Vision International Dance Association. ProDVIDA is a professional teachers' organization, open to all professional dance teachers and competitors. The mission of the association is to identify those teachers who exemplify the highest levels of skill and ethical standards through training, experience and DVIDA certification. ProDVIDA processes certifications to professional Ballroom Teachers at various levels with over 50 examiners in the USA and more than 1,500 members to date. American Ballroom Company and Competition Director for the United States Dance Championships (USDC) since 2005. Since Wayne took on this position, the organization has become so successful that it is now rated as one of the top 5 competitions in the United States. Dance Vision organizes the largest 5 Day Camp in the world for Ballroom dancers. The Mastery Camp was launched in 1996 and continues to bring more than 700 participants from across the globe every year to Las Vegas, Nevada. Dancing With The Stars, has engaged Wayne Eng/Dance Vision to provide their dance floor. Donna Eng purchased the Emerald Ball DanceSport Championships from Ken Sloan and Sheila Sloan. They had been promoting it for 25 years prior to that. It is said to be one of the oldest Ballroom competitions in U.S. history, originating in San Francisco.
Wayne approached Terry Leone to become a partner. Terry, who had worked directly under Arthur Murray, was the owner of the Arthur Murray studio in Beverly Hills. Leone, who passed on in 1994, was featured on the Merv Griffin Show at least 50 times to promote Arthur Murray studios and was co-host for a couple years for the PBS popular show, Championship Ballroom Dancing produced by Aida Moreno, filmed at the Ohio Star Ball.
In 1994, Wayne and Donna became the sole organizers and owners of the Emerald Ball and have made the competition one of America's premier events. For more than 20 years, the Emerald Ball has been one of the three largest competitions in America. In 2013, it became the largest Professional/Amateur competitions in the world, having over 15,000 entries that wish to compete each year.
- 3-time United States Latin Finalist
- 3-time Blackpool Rising Star Finalist
- United States Rising Star Runner-Up
- Eastern United States Champion
- Represented Hong Kong in the World Latin Championships – reached the semi-final round
- Donna Eng (1981 - 1989)
- Dance Vision, President, Founder
- ProDVIDA, Founder
- Creator of the DVIDA Syllabus
- American Ballroom Company, Executive Vice President
- United States Dance Championships (USDC), Competition Director
- Mastery Camps, Organizer
- Emerald Ball DanceSport Championships, Organizer
- Championship Licensed Adjudicator and National Judge for the National Dance Council of America specializing in:
- International Style Standard (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- International Style Latin (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- American Smooth (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- American Rhythm (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- Theatrical Style (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- Supplier/Vendor for Dancing with the Stars