In just five short years, the couple had a remarkably successful Professional career which included becoming the U.S. National Theater Arts Champions, Ohio Star Ball Theater Arts Champions, Blackpool Dance Festival Professional Invitational Exhibition Finalists, U.S. National Professional American Rhythm Bronze Medalists, as well as regular Finalists in all major U.S. and Open to the World Professional Events.
Decho and Bree became 3-time U.S. National Professional American Rhythm Champions from 2011 to 2013 and 3-time World Professional American Rhythm Champions from 2010 to 2012. The couple has been honing their skills and talents in the dance world for many years. They have expanded their training to include many styles and genres of dance technique, but focused their career in the Ballroom world by dedicating their competition career to the American Rhythm genre.Sammy (Sam Sodano), begged him,” says Bree, “to please coach us.”
“He told us to come back when we made it into the final,” says Decho.
The couple wanted to improve their standings, but felt confused as to what direction to take in their practices. “We were doing choreography but had no understanding for the underlying technique,” says Bree.
Sam started with the basics: grounding Decho and Bree with an understanding of how he thought they should move on each and every step, and more importantly what occurred between the steps. “Foundation is everything,” said Sam.
“Sam spent hours, - he rarely sat down,” explains Bree. “Examining his method from every angle.” Sam took 6 years to develop his Hip Lift Technique on Decho and Bree, from 2007 to 2013, and their diligent discipline culminated in a three-year reign as American Rhythm champions for Decho and Bree.
Decho and Bree were known for their tremendous technique and highly creative routines. They exhibited some of the strongest technical performances on the floor. Bree's exceptional footwork, lovely extensions and fabulous lines matched with Decho's perfect balance, created a beautiful frame for Bree which illustrated an exciting and attractive couple as they presented the true character of each dance with elegance and sophistication.Decho and Bree have been married for over 7 years and danced together as a couple for over 10 years. Their zest and attitude towards life is grounded in their relationship and respect and love for each other. They have spent almost all their waking hours’ together teaching and training.
Decho and Bree are respected as coaches and professional teachers and are solid in their values and commitment to their friends, family, colleagues and students. They have built up quite an impressive group of students spanning all demographics of people. This is due in part to their professional ethics and responsible nature for both dance and business.
- 3-time U.S. National Professional American Rhythm Champion (2011 - 2013)
- 3-time World Professional American Rhythm Champion (2010 - 2012)
- 3-time Emerald Ball Professional American Rhythm Champion (2009 - 2011)
- 3-time U.S. National Professional American Rhythm Finalist (2008 - 2010)
- Blackpool Dance Festival Professional Invitational Exhibition Finalist (2008)
- U.S. National Professional Theater Arts Champions (2007)
- Ohio Star Ball Championships Professional Theater Arts Champion (2007)
- Regular Finalist in all major U.S. and Open to the World Professional Events
- Professional Competitor
- Certified Dance Instructor
- Championship Licensed Adjudicator and National Judge for the National Dance Council of America specializing in:
- International Style Standard (Championship Certified) - North American DanceSport Teachers Association (NADTA)
- International Style Latin (Championship Certified) - North American DanceSport Teachers Association (NADTA)
- American Smooth (Championship Certified) - North American DanceSport Teachers Association (NADTA)
- American Rhythm (Championship Certified) - North American DanceSport Teachers Association (NADTA)
- Theatrical Style (Championship Certified) - North American DanceSport Teachers Association (NADTA)