See also: Categories: Adjudicator, Dancers, Organizers, Officials
Current location: Las Vegas, NV (USA)
- Competition Organizer
- NDCA National Adjudicator
- Executive Vice President of American Ballroom Company
- Founder of Dance Vision
- Founder of DVIDA
- Supplier of FlexFloors
- Organizer of Mastery CampsLink text
- 1. Overview
- 2. Notable Entrepreneur
- 3. Accomplishments
- 4. Dance Partners
- 5. Instructors
- 6. Entrepreneurship
- 7. Photo Gallery
- 8. Video Gallery
OverviewWayne Eng and his wife Donna were competitive dancers from 1981 to 1989. In those short 8 years, they became 3-time United States Latin Finalists, United States Rising Star Vice-Champions, 3-time Blackpool Rising Star Finalists, and Eastern United States Champions. They have also represented Hong Kong in the World Latin Championships where they reached the semi-final round.
Wayne and Donna made a decision to retire from the competitive dancing arena to start a family. From 1983 to 1994, they also established their own independent DanceSport studio and quickly became one of the top independent studios in the nation.
In 1992, Wayne and Donna also founded Dance Vision, which has become the world leader in production and distribution of DanceSport instructional videos. Their company has produced over 500 videos, partnering with national and world dance champions. In 2001, the Dance Vision International Dance Association|DVIDA Syllabus was created to teach professionals how to instruct students in the world of dance. More than 400 independent dance studios and teachers have used their syllabus throughout the United States. Dance Vision International Dance Association|DVIDA Syllabus is recognized by the National Dance Council of America. The Canadian DanceSport Federation recently adopted the Dance Vision International Dance Association|DVIDA American Style Syllabus as their official syllabus for certifying professional instructors.
In his spare time, Wayne practices yoga & meditation several times a week. He currently lives in Las Vegas with his wife, Donna, and enjoys quality time with his sons, Tyler and Jason.
Founder of DVIDAWayne is the founder of DVIDA, the Professional Dance Vision International Dance Association. DVIDA is a professional teachers' organization, open to all professional dance teachers and competitors. The mission of the association is to identify those teachers who exemplify the highest levels of skill and ethical standards through training, experience and DVIDA certification. DVIDA processes certifications to professional Ballroom teachers at various levels with over 50 examiners in the USA and more than 1,500 members to date.
Executive Vice President and Competition DirectorWayne has been the Executive Vice President of the American Ballroom Company and competition director for the United States Dance Championships (USDC) since 2005. Since Wayne took on this position, the organization has become so successful that it is now rated as one of the top 5 competitions in the United States.
Mastery Camps OrganizerDance Vision organizes the largest 5 day camp in the world for Ballroom dancers. The Mastery Camp was launched in 1996 and continues to bring more than 700 participants from across the globe every year to Las Vegas, Nevada.
Supplier & Vendor for Dancing with the StarsFor 20 seasons, the hit show, Dancing With The Stars, has engaged Wayne Eng/Flex Floors to provide their dance floor.
Organizer of the Emerald Ball DanceSport ChampionshipsIn 1989, Wayne and Donna Eng purchased the Emerald Ball DanceSport Championships from Ken Sloan and Sheila Sloan. They had been promoting it for 25 years prior to that. It is said to be one of the oldest Ballroom competitions in U.S. history, originating in San Francisco.
In 1994, Wayne and Donna became the sole organizers and owners of the Emerald Ball DanceSport Championships|Emerald Ball and have made the competition one of America's premier events. For more than 20 years, the Emerald Ball has been one of the three largest competitions in America. In 2013, it became the largest Professional/Amateur (Pro/Am) competitions in the world, having over 15,000 entries that wish to compete each year.
Philanthropy & CharitiesWayne supports the mission of the Khmer Child Foundation and helps with promotion, awareness campaigns and fundraising activities. He also provides dance support and opportunities that support The Cure Charitable Foundation benefiting Cancer Programs and Research. Wayne also donates annually to the NV Junior Diabetes Research Foundation and to the NV Hope For Prisoners program.
Real Estate ExperienceWayne has managed real estate apartments in the Los Angeles area and has built 2 office buildings as well as two luxury custom homes in Las Vegas.
- 3-time United States Latin Finalist
- 3-time Blackpool Rising Star Finalist
- United States Rising Star Runner-Up
- Eastern United States Champion
- Represented Hong Kong in the World Latin Championships – reached the semi-final round
- Donna Eng (1981 - 1989)
- Dance Vision, President, Founder
- DVIDA, Founder
- Creator of the Dance Vision International Dance Association|DVIDA Syllabus
- American Ballroom Company, Executive Vice President
- United States Dance Championships (USDC), Competition Director
- Mastery Camps, Organizer
- Emerald Ball DanceSport Championships, Organizer
- Championship Licensed Adjudicator and National Judge for the National Dance Council of America specializing in:
- International Style Standard (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- International Style Latin (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- American Smooth (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- American Rhythm (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- Theatrical Style (Championship Certified) - Dance Vision International Dance Association (DVIDA)
- Supplier/Vendor for Flex Floors
- Interview with Wayne Eng: Michelle Blank & Igor Golovach (WikiDanceSport)
- Wayne Eng
- About Us - American Ballroom Company
- Emerald Ball: About the Organizers - Wayne & Donna Eng