David settled in Los Angeles in 1986 and lived and competed up to the last days of living there. In 1993, he finally came back to his roots and competed the last 7 years of his career in the American Smooth division where he was crowned the United States Professional Champion in 1995 with Teresa Shiry and then again in 1997 and 1998 with Olga Foraponova, whom he invited to dance with him in 1996. David and Olga were also 3-time World Professional Showdance finalists from 1996 to 1998. In addition, David was a World Professional Showdance finalist with previous partner Teresa in 1995 as well. His longtime coach is Brian McDonald, the current President of the National Dance Council of America (NDCA).
Olga and David have appeared many times on the national PBS Show, Championship Ballroom Dancing. They were also invited to dance in the World Cup Ballroom event in the Kremlin Palace organized by Stanislav Popov, an event televised by NTV+, one of the most popular Russian TV channels with a viewership of approximately 100,000,000 in Russia as well as Europe and the United States.
For several years, various other American Style couples represented the U.S. in the World arena and David just felt so lucky at that time that he now got to do that. David retired in 1998, for the girls that he danced with needed to get on with their lives and start their families. Although he wanted to go another year or so with Olga, it was necessary for her to move on.
He holds 68 National Dance Council of America Championship Event titles.Nashville Ballroom & Company. Coaching, judging and running his studio keeps David very committed. He is also the former owner of the Nashville Starz Ballroom Dance Championships in Nashville where he now resides.
David is registered with the World Dance Council as an adjudicator for World Championships and is registered with the National Dance Council of America to adjudicate nationally recognized dance championships.
David has also taken part in filming various technical videos for dance education through Dance Vision. These titles include:
- Advanced American Style Smooth Styling & Artistic Impressions
- Advanced American Style Smooth
- American Smooth Open Bronze Waltz Technique & Styling
- American Smooth Open Bronze Foxtrot Technique & Styling
- American Smooth Open Bronze Tango Technique & Styling
- American Smooth Bronze Viennese Waltz Technique & Styling
- 3-time U.S. Professional American Smooth Champion (1995, 1997 - 1998)
- 4-time World Professional Showdance Finalist (1995 - 1998)
- Holds 68 National Dance Council of America Championship Event titles
- Appeared many times on the national PBS Show, Championship Ballroom Dancing
- Former owner of the Nashville Starz Ballroom Dance Championships
- Co-owns and operates Nashville Ballroom & Company
- Certified Dance Instructor
- Championship Licensed Adjudicator and National Judge for the National Dance Council of America specializing in:
- International Style Standard (Championship Certified) - Fred Astaire Dance Studios, Inc.
- International Style Latin (Championship Certified) - Fred Astaire Dance Studios, Inc.
- American Smooth (Championship Certified) - Fred Astaire Dance Studios, Inc.
- American Rhythm (Championship Certified) - Fred Astaire Dance Studios, Inc.
- Theatrical Style (Championship Certified) - Fred Astaire Dance Studios, Inc.
- World Dance Council Adjudicator