The following aspects summarize the DSF Development Program:
- Providing a strategic plan, including goals, principles, strategies, and priorities
- Providing a result-oriented approach with focus on Projects with clear objectives and cost-effective implementation, based on monitoring and evaluation processes that help improve project performance and achieving results
- Increasing transparency and creating an online DSF Development platform on the DSF website, www.dancesportfederation.com (with information about all Projects, on-line courses, etc.)
- Enhancing and developing "The Art of DanceSport Training System", stimulating the exchange of knowledge, innovative ideas and best practices among DSF Members. The DSF encourages partnerships among DSF Members.
- Establishing the DSF Circle of Excellence. A portal where Coaches can be educated and experience on-the-job training guided by top level Coaches, where talented Dancers can join an adequate training group and have access to excellent training facilities, and where a program of seminars and workshops for Dancers, Coaches and Officials are organized.
Some of the key areas addressed by DSF Agenda are:
- Move DanceSport toward becoming a less apolitical industry, promoting "Freedom to Dance" and providing a free environment for DanceSport athletes to get better industry education, training and the ability to compete without any penalty or persecution
- Change the way tournaments and testing, as well as the judging system, works on the base of the Athlete Equality Approach, promoting the precision and fairness of the results by evaluating each athlete or dancing couple by each individual performance, not through comparison in groups
- Move from the Amateur vs. Professional approach of DanceSport toward sorting and ranking the athletes based on their skills level (Universal vs. League)
- Remove the age barrier utilizing the "test & rank system" that will allow younger athletes to compete against more mature athletes of equal rank
- Implement the mandatory Sport Syllabus into the athletes' program based on the skill level and the tournament's requirements
- Implement the 6th Fundamental Principle of the Olympics
- Adapt and further strengthen the principles of good governance and ethics to changing demands
- Implement and support the Clean Sport principles of DanceSport by instrument of the Anti-Doping procedures and policies