ballroom dancing as an amateur at age 16. She became German Vice Champion in International Style Latin, a German Ten Dance Finalist and a finalist in the European and World Amateur Championships, as well a winning the World Championship in Formation dance.
She started her professional life as a photographer and gymnastics teacher, and became a professional ballroom dancer in 1988. In 1991 she moved to Canada and began to represent her new home country on the world stage of dancing. She came second in the World Latin-American Show Dance Championship, second in the World Open Exhibition Championship, and second in the British Open Rising Star Championship.
Due to her innovative and creative approach to ballroom dancing, she received an invitation to perform “Duel of the Giants” at Royal Albert Hall in London, England in 1998. This was only one of many invitations from all over the world. In 2000 she received the CAN-AM DanceSport Special Achievement Award in Toronto for her contribution to ballroom dancing.
Brigitt Mayer is a highly commended member of the Canadian Dancers Federation, and the British Dancers Federation International. She is a World Championships Adjudicator, and is also affiliated with Arthur Murray International Inc.
After travelling for years with show engagements, and residing for the most part in Europe, Brigitt returned to Canada. She continues to travel extensively as a World Championship Adjudicator and coach. She was also a performance critic for numerous dance publications.
She and her family reside in Oakville, Ontario, Canada, from where she continues to contribute to the ever-growing ballroom dancing industry through her extensive knowledge and expertise. Co-Organizer "Can-Am Dancesport Gala".
- German Vice International Style Latin Champion
- German Ten Dance Finalist
- Finalist in the European and World Amateur Championships
- Winning the World Championship in Formation dance
- Second in the World Latin-American Show Dance Championship
- Second in the World Open Exhibition Championship
- Second in the British Open Rising Star Championship
- Member of the Canadian Dancers Federation
- Member of the British Dancers Federation International
- World Championships Adjudicator
- Affiliated with Arthur Murray International Inc
- Member of World Dance Council
- Co-Organizer "Can-Am Dancesport Gala"
- Has written the award winning book "Ballroom Icons"